Serve it with pita or some crusty bread on the side for a satisfying breakfast or brunch.
Cilbir, Turkish eggs in garlic yogurt sauceCourse: Brunch, Snacks, Vegetarian, BreakfastCuisine: TurkishDifficulty: Medium
Cilbir is a savory dish consisting of creamy garlicky yogurt topped with poached eggs and chili oil. It is full of refreshing and spicy flavors and comes together in just half an hour.
4 garlic cloves
600 grams of Greek yoghurt
80 milliliters of olive oil
1 tablespoon of red chili pepper flakes
0.25 grams of salt
- Place them in the Airfryer basket and slide it into the Airfryer. Start the device with the 80℃ temperature 15 Minute.
Note: Cooking time may vary in your Airfryer model.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest.
For the yoghurt sauce, peel and mince the garlic and mix it with Greek yogurt. Set aside until serving.
To make chili oil combine the olive oil, red chili pepper flakes and salt in a small skillet. Heat it over medium heat until warm. Set aside.
- Once air frying is done, carefully transfer the eggs to a bowl with ice-cold water and let them inside for 10 seconds.
- Divide the yogurt sauce evenly between four serving bowls, drizzle each with one tablespoon of chili oil and crack the eggs on top. Finish with another tablespoon of chili oil and serve immediately.
- Eggs have to be at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Serve it with pita or some crusty bread on the side for a satisfying breakfast or brunch.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories425
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 13g 65%
- Trans Fat 23g
- Sodium 181mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 4%
- Sugars 7g
- Protein 12g 24%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.