Hasselback potatoes are a great way to add a fun twist to your regular baked potatoes. All you need to make them extra flavorful is some fresh herbs, garlic, lemon zest and olive oil. Use our easy trick to have them perfectly cut into thin slices and cook them in the Airfryer to get a nice, tender center and crispy edges.
These golden-brown hasselback potatoes will make a great addition to your next barbecue or any meal you want to accompany with a simple yet elegant side dish.
We used 6 medium-sized floury potatoes for this recipe.
You might like this: Grilled Golden Corn Cobs
Simple herby hasselback potatoesCourse: Dinner, Lunch, Sides, Main, Vegan, VegetarianCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
900 grams of potatoes, floury
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon of rosemary, fresh
1 teaspoon of thyme, fresh
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
3 tablespoons of olive oil
6 branches of thyme, fresh
- Wash the potatoes well. Cut them into thin slices, being careful not to cut entirely through the potato.
- Peel and mince the garlic clove. Wash and finely chop the fresh rosemary and thyme.
In a bowl, mix the minced garlic, chopped rosemary and thyme, salt, lemon zest and olive oil.
- Rub each potato with the prepared herb oil mixture. Coat well on all sides, getting some in between the slices as well.
Arrange the potatoes in the basket and brush them with the remaining herb oil mixture.
- Slide the basket into the Airfryer and start the device with the 180°C 50 minutes.
- Once air fried, remove the baked potatoes from the Airfryer. Serve them warm, garnished with some fresh thyme on top.
3 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories295
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Trans Fat 7g
- Sodium 528mg 22%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 6g 12%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.