Turn simple scrambled eggs into a high-protein breakfast with these southwest breakfast pizza paired with a glass of milk — wheat English muffins topped with scrambled eggs with spinach and mozzarella cheese.
SOUTHWEST BREAKFAST PIZZA Recipes
- 6 medium eggs
- 4 teaspoons fat free milk
- 2 cups baby spinach, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 whole grain English muffins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup fat free shredded mozzarella cheese, packed
- Avocados slices, optional
- Pico de gallo, jarred or homemade (optional)
Pair each serving with:
- 8- ounce glass of milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs and 4 teaspoons milk with a fork or wire whisk in medium bowl until fluffy. Add spinach, salt, and pepper and lightly combine.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture to skillet and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until eggs are thoroughly cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Slice each English muffin in half so that there are six pieces total. Brush each half with melted butter. Scoop the scrambled eggs onto each half and sprinkle evenly with cheese to make “pizzas”. If making ahead of time, wrap pizzas in aluminum foil at this time and refrigerate or freeze until needed.
- Otherwise, place on a baking sheet and bake pizzas for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and English muffins are toasted. If preparing previously frozen pizzas, remove from freezer, unwrap and bake for 15 minutes. If desired, top with avocado slices and pico de gallo.
- Serve with an 8-ounce glass of milk. Enjoy!
I have been making these pizzas on Sunday evenings and then refrigerating them for the week. All I have to do in the mornings is throw them in the oven and bake them long enough to reheat and for the cheese to melt.
Want to build body at home without equipment so click on moms workout and get workout tips beginners to advance.
Nutrition Information: calories: 192kcal, carbohydrates: 13g, protein: 11g, fat: 11g, saturated fat: 4g, cholesterol: 175mg, sodium: 343mg, potassium: 186mg, fiber: 2g, sugar: 3g, vitamin a: 1337IU, vitamin c: 3mg, calcium: 205mg, iron: 2mg